So what type of insurance is on offer?
When unusual risks first started making specialty insurance available to people living with HIV and other chronic manageable health conditions, only Life Insurance cover was available with unusually limited terms and conditions.
Over the years and after an immense amount of working with the international re-insurance teams, we are now proudly able to say, all types of insurance cover is open to all our specialist clients - and all through our enhanced privacy management process and health pre-assessment system.
The Good Stuff!
We believe the highest quality personal insurance products are the ones that clearly indicated what they do and do not cover upfront and who complete all their underwriting and assessments during the initial application; not left, or deliberately postponed until claim time.
This means there are no hidden agendas, problems or extra work required during the most important time of the policy – claim time.
- In a perfect world, everyone has access to the highest quality insurance available and the best risk advisers
- But we don’t live in that perfect world yet so different types and levels of insurance cover are used to best meet the different needs of people
Whether it’s a ‘best to budget' scenario, ‘take whatever I can get’ scenario or you want to ‘top up your existing cover' to protect the new mortgages or celebrate the arrival of a new member to the family – we can help you get through this minefield safely with your dignity and privacy intact.
Our expertise includes strategy, helpful advice and access to
Helpful advice for Everyone:
- Life Insurance covering unexpected death and terminal illness
- Crisis Recovery (aka Crisis and Trauma) cover for major specified conditions
- Total and Permanent Disability (often called TPD)
- Income Protection cover
Helpful advice specifically for Business Owners
- Business Key Person and Debt protection
- Business Fixed Expenses protection
- Business Owners and Professional Partnerships protection
- Business Owner and Partnership succession protection.
So what's 'not' the good stuff, we hear you ask?
Some insurance companies have taken a token approach to insuring people with HIV and provide 'time-limited' life insurance policies. These low grade cut-down policies were designed, some would say, to take commercial advantage of people who could least afford to run the risk of never being able to claim on them because of their deliberately designed time-limited structure.
- A time-limited policy is an outdated policy that lasts for a 5 or 10 year period only - then are effectively cancelled when the term finishes
- Similar to a car insurance policy, these time-limited policies have to be reapplied for at the end of the contracted period when the acceptance criteria goalposts can be moved by the insurance company at will.
- Fresh medical, lifestyle and occupational assessments are required with no certainty of being eligible for cover.
- Any policy that specifically excludes HIV.
We believe that people deserve better, but better was difficult to find for the average person.
That's why the team at Sapience Financial built the specialty brand unusualrisks.com.au - to be the change they wanted to see in the world.
Did you know some insurance premiums can be paid form a Super fund?
A cost-effective way to pay the premiums for your personal insurances, like Life, Income Protection and TPD insurance is either automatically from a Super fund or split between Super and Personal payments?
Talk with us more about your options when you're ready.
Where to now?