Life Insurance is a complex area with no second chance to fix a mistake
Once you have a Life Insurance policy in force, it can't be taken away from you. But of course, there's the problem of getting one in the first place...
Life Insurance is an 'underwritten financial product'. This means that levels of risk are often measured by insurance underwriters in 'likelihoods' and '% of chance'. Until recently, for HIV research, insurance underwriters had limited data to make predictions from so they simply refused to offer Life Insurance in circumstances where people were diagnosed with HIV.
Why you need a specialist adviser from unUsualrisks.com.au
When you have a pre-existing medical condition, getting high-quality Life Insurance requires the expertise of a speciality Risk Insurance Adviser because of 4 key reasons;
- The different medical underwriting requirements are complex
- The assessment criteria change constantly
- Not all insurance providers are able to work with pre-existing medical conditions (but they don't tell you that upfront so the resulting formal 'application declined' goes on your permanent record)
- We specialise in navigating through this complex area
4 Incredibly important things you need to know about life insurance
Here are 4 significant differences that are often overlooked when setting up speciality life insurance.
- Once a Life Insurance policy is in force, it's considered to be 'non-cancellable' by the insurance provider and 'non-reviewable' (as long as you continue to pay the premiums)
- It's automatically renewed each year without any further assessment, for the life of the product (regardless of any changes in your health, occupation or personal situation)
- You may have the option to lock in the level of premium for the life of the product. This can mean savings of thousands of dollars over the life of the product. The earlier this is done, the greater the savings that can be achieved.
- You may be able to pay the premiums from your superannuation fund balance. When done in combination with level premiums, this can be a very cost effective strategy for most people.
When taking time means good value to you
These 4 reasons above are why Life Insurance companies spend a lot of time in the initial assessment of the policy — because once you have a policy, it can't be taken away from you. So, now you can see the value in having a non-cancellable Life Insurance policy that's right for you.
The typical scenario
Sadly, we come across situations where people have already applied for life insurance only to be refused based upon their lifestyle and their medical conditions.
- Every time they apply for insurance again, (any type of insurance covered by the Duty of Disclosure laws) they are legally required to disclose all past insurance refusals otherwise an insurance company can refuse a claim based upon non-disclosure.
If they apply for insurance again, they are then legally required to disclose past insurance refusals. This often becomes a real cycle of pain.
Our anonymous pre-assessment process prevents this damage from happening.
Why the standard life insurance application form works against you when you have speciality needs
If you're health conscious, eat and exercise well, maintain your weight and have an active lifestyle, this is important information that should also be taken into consideration by a life insurance underwriter. But with a standard application form, none of this is taken into account, so the result is almost always an automatic 'no'.
The disturbing reality is that the safety of your data is not safe when you don't use a specialist like unUsual Risks
One of the common practices for general advisers and employed advisers is to simply 'send your health information around to different insurance companies' in the hope that one of them might be interested and provide feedback on whether they can help. The ugly inside truth is that many of the risk insurers admit that they don't both to provide helpful feedback because of vested interests and concerns over commercial intelligence.
- Unless you're a specialist adviser, you don't have the time to research and stay on top of the changes that occur on a monthly basis.
So now you can see why you need the specialist team at unusualrisks.com.au to get you the result safety, efficiently and confidentially.
Everything we do is all about giving you the best chance of success without the risk
At unUsual Risks, we understand the underwriting processes and the medical requirements that insurers need to work with. We can present you in the most favourable light so that your chances of success are the highest.
We use technology to help us anonymously pre-assess your medical position so that potential difficulties can be dealt with — without the need to identify you and create a permanent record that might influence a future application.
In reality, someone living with HIV or diabetes is still more likely to be turned down for life insurance by mainstream insurers than someone who doesn't have these conditions. If you are offered cover, you'll pay about the same premium as other people with pre-existing conditions such as cancer, certain kinds of heart conditions, or smokers.