HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is the regular use of HIV medications by HIV-negative people to prevent HIV infection.
PrEP medication can now be prescribed by any GP through the PBS. This means for Australian's taking greater control over their sexual health, the wider availability of this medication has the potential to reduce HIV infection rates in Australia.
This post-exposure treatment is a 4-week course of anti-HIV medication that is shown to be effective in preventing HIV infection if started within 72 hours of exposure. The key to PEP is accessing it as soon as possible after you think you may have been exposed to HIV. Info Source
Can I get standard life insurance if I'm using PrEP?
- We already have clients using PrEP who successfully established a full range of high-quality insurance covers to help protect them and their families.
Do I need to have a face to face interview to get insurance?
- No. Our service is designed to fit into your lifestyle and your time table so many of our clients appreciate our online solution.
If I live in a remote location, is that an issue?
- Our clients are Australia wide from remote rural areas, isolated fly in fly out locations, through to the city and its suburbs.
What's the process?
It's the same for all our clients.
- We can work completely over the phone and through email, or we can meet at your favourite cafe too.
- The majority of our clients lead busy lives and find using our online solution fits their work-life balance best.
Either way, we look after all the interviews and the paperwork and we have a system to follow that positions you in the best possible light to senior Underwriters who we have already educated about the importance of PrEP and the community of people who use it to better manage their sexual health.
Good news for Australians taking PrEP
The good news is Australian's using PrEP and who need Life Insurance or Income Protection, now have a clear pathway to getting their cover sorted - stigma and discrimination free - through unusualrisks.com.au