You’ve come a long way — don’t risk what you cannot afford to lose
Today's families come in infinite varieties, and we celebrate all of them.
Getting married, sending a child off to university, building up a small business, investing in property, becoming an entrepreneur, giving back to the community, leaving a legacy for people you love — these are only a few of the many dreams we aspire to.
Whether your dreams are simple or ambitious, we understand that everyone has them
We also understand that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and their families face diverse challenges when it comes to protecting and achieving their financial dreams.
If you or your partner have been diagnosed with HIV or diabetes or if like us, you simply believe in supporting your freedom to choose, we'd love to be part of your strategy for protecting what’s important to you.
The company behind the people behind the scenes
We believe that good businesses can help good people achieve good things.
The heart behind unUsual Risks Insured is our parent company, Sapience Financial & Investment Services. Sapience is a boutique full financial services practice who certified as a B Corporation in 2015 and committed to using purpose-driven business as a force for good.
In 2020 they celebrated 20+ years of helping people through understanding, respect and strategic financial advice Australia wide.
Our Claims Management Service
We personally manage all of our client's claims.
No client or their family should ever be left alone to navigate the complex world of paperwork and legal minefields, that an insurance claim will bring. Our insurance claims management service, Priority 1 ensures that nothing is left to chance.
"We saw the pain and frustration that people experienced with fragmented and irrelevant advice and how they often felt abandoned to their own devices during a drawn out insurance claims process. They needed an advocate - so we decided to be the change in the community that we wanted to see".Drew Browne, Sapience Financial.
No-Surprises No-BS* Guarantee
What we do is all about You.
We value and protect the trust of our clients so much, that we have a No-Surprises No BS* policy for our product providers.
- We understand the effect of every question you might be asked in a typical insurance application.
- We know when certain information might trigger an additional questionnaire or follow up question.
- We want you to always feel in control of your personal information.
- Our client's privacy, respect and information security is of our utmost importance.
- You choose the level of contact you have with an insurance company.
- Our Concierge Application Service means you can have as much involvement with the insurer as you want, or you can have us take care of everything for you.
- We understand that our clients are usually super busy and people who require a greater level of privacy.
- If additional information is required for an application, you get to choose who contacts you when and how.
If you'd like some additional information about our people, visit our Director's LinkedIn profile here.
*And yes we went there.