For today's LGBTQIA+ families, there are no accidental families.
- You might be parenting and single with kids, parenting solo with kids, parenting and partnered with kids, (yours, theirs and ours), dual parents with kids, co-parents, foster parents, adoptive parents, or even adoptive parents of kids with additional needs (just beautiful!).
- You might be a lesbian co-parenting couple or super involved 'Guncles' or Aunties. You might not even identify with the broader LGBTQIA+ community but find yourself a parent in a same-sex relationship, or perhaps something a little more complicated.
When it comes to parenting in the LGBTQIA+ community, there's really no such thing as average.
However you're doing it, Love makes a family.
Sharing life and love with someone can be twice as exciting.
- You might be partnered, partnered with pets, officially de facto, officially married (yay!), splitting expenses but sharing life, or joining incomes and combining financial lives too.
- You might be together but living apart, working towards a future with kids, thinking about fostering, adopting, IVF or surrogacy; or perhaps something a little more complicated.
When it comes to being partnered in the LGBTQIA+ community, there's really no such thing as average.
There's no right or wrong way to live a purposeful life, just what works for you both.
Age is no indicator of relationship status or financial responsibility.
- You can be young and starting out or older and established; and both enjoying living the single life.
- You might be single, single again, sometimes single, single with kids, single with pets or perhaps something a little more complicated.
When it comes to being single in the LGBTQIA+ community, there's really no such thing as average.
And it's your single life, so live it your way.