Age is no indicator of relationship status or financial responsibility.
- You can be young and starting out or older and established; and both enjoying living the single life.
- You might be single, single again, sometimes single, single with kids, single with pets or perhaps something a little more complicated.
When it comes to being single in the LGBTQIA+ community, there's really no such thing as average.
And it's your single life, so live it your way.
Balancing flexibility with personal responsibility
As a single LGBTQIA+ person, the additional flexibility in your lifestyle also comes with a greater degree of personal financial responsibility and the need to rely upon yourself. Wisdom and maturity are available at any age and have little to do with our 'clock age'.
- Single people are keenly aware of the risk of becoming sick or even disabled.
- Being single and self-reliant means you generally have to save more in your emergency savings fund, be careful with your long term health and have a higher amount of disability insurance in case you get sick or injured and can't work temporarily or lose your ability to earn your income long-term.
- For many single LGBTQIA+ Australians, there’s often no financial backup and usually diminished family support; so staying healthy and independent, and able to continue to earn your income is something you cannot afford to lose.
Being single can bring a level of freedom that needs a greater level of protection.
Why LGBTQIA+ single people need specialist financial advice
- As a community that still has more single people than coupled, we are more vulnerable to the financial risks that losing our ability to earn our income brings.
- For many people in the LGBTQIA+ community who are single, unmarried or unpartnered, longer-term financial stability and security can be a source of anxiety.
If you’re single and LGBTQIA+ it's time to learn more about your options today and then take action to protect what you cannot afford to lose - your ability to continue to earn your income.
- Are you Single in Business? You probably have additional business risks to manage. Let us help you with that.
- Are you planning IVF or surrogacy? You probably have some longer-term planning ahead. Let us help you protect that too.
- Do you need to get your Power of Attorney documents and your Will sorted? Let us help you get your estate planning started too.
What's your situation?
Where to Now?
Continue your journey…